Visions & Obsessions

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Eulogy

Let it never be said I was not dedicated.
Let it never be spoken of - my passion impaired
There was never an instant the waves didn't hit me -
There was never a time when my soul was spared.
There was never a second that I was not present.
There was never a moment my eyes were unclear -
Don't let me fool you, I had always been watching,
Don't let me convince you I never had cared.
My desire was pure, and fine, and constant -
I filled in the gaps that were left behind.
You will never see the flame of my being -
The light and the color, only heat to the blind.
Let it never be stated, I was less than devoted -
I gave all I had, till my spirit was bled.
Let it never be said, I was not dedicated -
and let it never be proper, speaking ill of the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment