Visions & Obsessions

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dawn

Here in the night beside you,
may I be lain to rest.
(for a thousand small deaths exhaust me)
with nothing regretted and nothing left undone,
my spirit sated and inclined to slip
like white silk pulled from a medium's mouth.

Here, pressed against you with cooling skin,
(salt tasting from spent passions)
I could follow the rhythm of your breathing
deep and hypnotic
and drift into blissful oblivion; quiet, endless

Wavering between planes,
I may flicker there in the inky dark,
the azure flame of a low candle guttering -
until the comes pale dawn
(when for your sake, perhaps) - I will rouse.

Come shake your sister from her moribund state
and warm her corpse cold lips,
mon frère soleil -
for a rapturous moment stolen
an entwining of my errant soul with your flesh
and a thousand more deaths to die amongst the living.

for a friend
1/30/14



No comments:

Post a Comment